Re: [SI-LIST] : RE: [SI-LIST]: Long bus or star?

Shayle Hirschman ([email protected])
Tue, 06 Apr 1999 19:45:25 -0500

Yes, Mike, very good. Sometimes we mistakenly use the term rise time for
edge rate, perhaps ignoring the distance component which is of course
important.

In fact, some of the more interesting cases are when there are multiple
loads -- hopefully close together -- or accidental trace stubs extending
beyond the load (such as when termination was switched from parallel to
series, but not all of the termination trace was removed). Distance, then,
from the end reflection boundary could become important .

Thanks for your help.

Shayle

At 04:33 PM 4/6/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Shayle:
>
>The rise time at the load is the same as that of the incident wave (if the
>load is assumed to be of high impedance relative to the transmission line).
>It is the magnitude of the load voltage that is doubled.
>
>Mike

si-list, for more help, put HELP. si-list archives are accessible at
http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/si-list ****