RE: [SI-LIST] : Opamp spice model

Shenoy, Jay ([email protected])
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:28:26 -0800

Hi Raj,

If you are using HSpice, negative capacitances are handled correctly
in version 97.2
(verified myself) and above (caveat emptor). A couple of years ago, I was
correcting for
some over-counted capacitance from a particular extractor by using
subcircuits with negative
capacitance in it, and found this out the hard way. I think relatively
recent versions of Berkeley
Spice3 also do this correctly (ans so: all commercial derivatives of
Spice3). The reason: BSIM3v3
MOSFET model equations sometimes compute negative capacitances internally
and both
HSpice and Berkeley Spice had to account for this.

Problem with faking a negative capacitance with an Inductor divided by
square of omega
is in time domain simulations. For AC simulations, this should work fine....

Regards
Jay