Re: [SI-LIST] : RE: [SI-LIST] : AMPredictor® Signal Integrity Analyzer (SIA)

Larry McMillan ([email protected])
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:04:22 -0800

Some breaking news on AMPredictor:

I was notified by my contact at AMP that they have decided to get out of
the analysis tools business and so they are discontinuing the
AMPredictor product. Presumably this would mean that their support for
existing customers of AMPredictor would also cease at some point as
well.

Larry McMillan
Team Leader, Physical Interface Group
Western Digital Corporation

Kowal, Keith wrote:
>=20
> There are pros and cons to both / I personally find Hyperlynx as a
> More universal tool ! Amp developed there 'product' to sell there
> Connectors. Amp has great connector libs but are not universal
> To use in spice / but they do model xtalk in connectors better and
> Attempt to do system design prior to layout in a more straight forward
> Manner than hyperlynx ( but you could do the same in hyperlynx but
> It might take you a bit longer). Hyperlynx does pre and post layout
> Simulation for both signal integrity and EMC. As far as I know AMP
> Does not have a EMC component nor to they simulate the actual board,
> (post layout)...I have used Hyperlynx for over two years with great
> success / my favorite line is ' what you see is what you get ' and what
> I mean by that is when I simulate using hyperlynx and go to the lab
> And put the scope on the signal - I can almost guarantee the scope
> Picture is very close to the simulation result. (good lab technique mu=
st
> Be observed....that's a given)... Also get the march issue of
> PCB design / I describe In my article hyperlynx in better detail...I su=
ggest
> Get a demo version of both and make up your mind concerning the
> Tool to buy based on your needs... both are great tools in there own
> Way! Good luck / any question contact me via direct email.
>=20
> Keith
>=20
> * Outside 978-684-1574
> * Internet: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
> * Fax: 978-684-1334
>=20
lyzer
> (SIA)
>=20
> Hi, all.
>=20
> I just heard this tool today. Any comments, especially comparin=
g to
> Hyperlynx?
> Detail information about the software can be found at
> http://www.amp.com/ampredictor/SIA_index.html
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20
> Kent
>=20
> si-list, for more help, put HELP. si-list archives are accessible at
> http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/si-list ****
>=20
> **** To unsubscribe from si-list: send e-mail to [email protected]=
n.com. In the BODY of message put: UNSUBSCRIBE si-list, for more help, pu=