Re: [SI-LIST] : signal propagation questions

Doug Brooks ([email protected])
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 11:09:25 -0800

At 09:29 AM 3/15/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello SI experts,
>
>I have been struggling with the following problem,
>which is intended to have some of the
>characteristics of a printed circuit board
>signalling environment. I hope that someone
>here can help answer my questions, and/or
>point me to appropriate analysis techniques.

Just out of curiousity, would you like to put some limits (upper and/or
lower) on Lv, t, "small" (holes), "thin" (wire), and frequencies of
interest? In particular, can we assume the thin wire is a transmission line
with characteristic impedance 50 Ohms, or do you want a truly general case
for any dimension (which *really* complicates the problem!)

Doug Brooks
.
Doug Brooks, President [email protected]
UltraCAD Design, Inc. http://www.ultracad.com