RE: [SI-LIST] : SI courses

Eric Bogatin ([email protected])
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 11:34:44 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01BE46C4.5FA907C0

There are also some SI courses offered through the Technical Proficiency
Institute. You can contact them at: 503-628-2315, or email at
[email protected]. These are not CBT courses, but straight lecture,
discussion.

As an instructor of many SI courses, I would like some feedback from the SI
crowd out there in the ether-

Do any of you think CBT (computer based training) courses might be an
effective way of teaching SI? I recognize it might be convenient, but I am
struggling to understand how to make them effective. I have found in courses
that I have taught, as well as taken, that it is the interaction with the
instructor that has been of most benefit. When you are confused about a
small thing, you want it cleared up right then and there, otherwise it is
either distracting or confusing, moving on. I am not sure how this high
level of interaction can be incorporated in CBT.

I'd really like to hear some suggestions on what you would like to see in
the way of a CBT, SI related course. Please feel free to add any comments
you might have on training classes in general. What do you like, what do you
not like and what qualities, features, topics and styles would you prefer to
see in training courses in general?

thanks for your time.

--eric

********************
Eric Bogatin
BOGATIN ENTERPRISES
Signal Integrity/EMI Technology Analysis and Training
26235 W. 110th Terr.
Olathe, KS 66061
v: 913-393-1305
f: 913-393-1306