RE: [SI-LIST] : Mutual capacitance and inductance

Kowal, Keith (kowal@cabletron.com)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 08:21:22 -0500

I have used Hyperlynx software for now over 2 years and can say

"what you simulate is what you get"

check out the demo off the web..

Keith

<<...>>

* Outside 978-684-1574
* Internet: Kowal@ctron.com <mailto:Keith.Kowal@digital.com>
* Fax: 978-684-1334

-----Original Message-----
From: MikonCons@aol.com [SMTP:MikonCons@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 5:32 PM
To: stephen.h.hall@intel.com; Michael.Chan@compaq.com;
si-list@silab.Eng.Sun.COM
Cc: garrett.w.hall@intel.com
Subject: Re: [SI-LIST] : Mutual capacitance and inductance

I have had excellent success using a simple DOS-based program from
Artech
House publishers. I bought it about five years ago, but find it
still
applicable today (it seems that the laws of physics change more
slowly than in
just a few years...ha ha). The program is Matrix Parameters for
Multiconductor Transmission lines by Djordjevic, Harrington, Sarkar,
and
Bazdar. I have found typical accuracies within 2% of predictions on
finished
circuit boards (verified by TDR tests).

A few simple dimensional entries in a menu-led screen will give you
(in matrix
form) multi-line calculations of self and mutual inductance,
capacitance,
etc., as well as compute and tabulate propagation velocity,
effective
dielectric constant, and Zo.

If you want to run simulations, they offer a companion program that
will
directly import the matrix parameters and allow you to connect
sources and
loads and make runs to obtain crosstalk and the normal SI waveforms.

Mike Conn
Mikon Consulting

si-list, for more help, put HELP. si-list archives are accessible at
http://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/si-list ****