Re: [SI-LIST] : HSTL Termination

From: Vinu Arumugham ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 14:09:35 PDT

Manoj,

With a 38 ohm driver driving a 55 ohm (50 ohm +10%) unterminated line, you
can have 300mV to 500mV of overshoot depending on the max. Vddq variation
allowed between the transmitter and the receiver. With lower driver
impedances, some receivers may begin to clamp and that could be a problem.

Thanks,
Vinu