Re: NEC-LIST: Fortran Compilers

From: Jürgen v.Hagen ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 23:17:09 PDT

> I have an old Layey FORTRAN 77 DOS compiler (F77L-EM/32) that has memory
> limitations on the compiled execuatable program. Can anybody direct me
> where/if newer compilers exists that will compile large FORTRAN 77
> executables.

I suppose that you need f77 compilers for DOS/Windoze?

Have a look at
http://www.cygwin.com/
for a complete C, C++, Fortran etc compiler suite. That's downloadable
for no cost.

At the same time you get a compiler that exists on almost any platform
so code that gets compiled on one platform does get compiled on others
too.

For experiences with NEC and g77 see
ACES Newsletter vol 13, no 3, Nov. 1998, Modelers Notes, pages 8--10

juergen