RE: [SI-LIST] : EFFECT OF LUMPED LOAD ON TRANSMISSION LINES

From: Ken Cantrell ([email protected])
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 09:27:10 PDT

Mike,
The point was to indicate a correct set of calculations for capacitive
referenced a text source, which will indicate the topology dependencies,
capacitive reflection, and risetime degradation. The basic effect of
capacitive loading on a TL is to reduce Zo, and has to be taken into account
as a distributed effect. I wanted to clarify that to Chandan. If this
isn't done, you're in for a big surprise when the board comes in. You are
correct that there are many factors involved, and simulation will reveal
those issues.
Ken