Re: [SI-LIST] : Pi Termination

From: Scott McMorrow ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 13:58:59 PDT

Chuck gets the prize for the correct answer.

The center tap pin on many differential receivers is provided
to facilitate Tee termination of the common mode signal, usually
with a resistor and a capacitor to ground.

+ ----Rodd---
                    |-------R(even-odd)----Cap---gnd

50 ohm resistors for odd mode termination are often provided in
input receiver cells. Externally, the center tap pin can be connected
to a resistor whos value is the difference between the even and the
odd mode line impedance. The cap is used to eliminate DC
offset.

scott

--
Scott McMorrow