[SI-LIST] : PCI bus impedance

From: Patel, Bhavesh ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 10:07:30 PDT

Hi! Gurus, I was simulating a PCI bus with 50ohm trace impedance because we
generally try to keep on all our boards 50ohm single ended & 100ohm
differential(easy for the fab house). Now, the vendor says use 65ohm trace
impedance and I did simulations with 65ohm but I don't see much difference
i.e. not significant where I would say'YES' let's go to 65ohm. Also, if I
have to do 65ohm then it will eating up my routing layers because this bus
is confined to one section of my board.
I needed some feedback regarding this and whether it will really make or
break the PCI bus by going from 50ohm to 65ohm.
Thanks in advance
Bhavesh Patel