RE: [SI-LIST] : best si tool

From: David Kaiser ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 08:20:46 PDT

I think what your asking for is a list of tools to get started with.

Here is a short list of the ones I'm familiar with.

- Avanti's HSPICE simulation tool
- Hyperlinx simulation tool
- Ansoft's Maxwell 2D field solver
- APSIM 2D field solver

HPSPICE will be necessary for Gbit and above.
HPSICE comes with an internal 2D field solver, but if you working with 1GHz
and above, you'll, I have found the after market 2D field solves listed
above to be more accurate.
Hyperlinx is fine up to 100s of MHz.

I'm sure there is more out there, but these are the ones I'm familiar with.

David Kaiser
McDATA Corp.
310 Interlocken Pkwy.
Broomfield, CO 80021