RE: [SI-LIST] : MECL System Design Handbook

From: Issa, Elie ([email protected])
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 11:57:23 PDT

You could have a fixture which would allow you to measure a TDR rise time
10-90%
in the upper 20ps. But other questions could be still valid to decide if a
particular discontinuity would be visible or not such as,
am I probing close enough the discontinuity so that reflections
from the board topology and losses would not degrade my rise time further?
Since what counts is the rise time when it hits the discontinuity.
What are the effective dielecrtic and physical length? This is
important to know to compare the electrical length of the discontinuity
versus the wavelength of the signal.