Re: [SI-LIST] : MECL System Design Handbook

Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 10:15:45 PDT

Hi all,

David, allegro can do radius'd traces relatively easy. I've had the
opportunity to do them once or twice, and didn't have a problem. The
problem I do have with any cad tool is to do "chamfer'd" corners. But
then, at what speed do I need them? Answer me that and I might buy your
property in the everglades. :) The times I've done the radius'd corners
was on analog boards where the engineer was incredibly finicky with the
copper geometries, and I was sure not to let many people know how easy
it was to do. Again, what speeds is this necessary? (Got more property
in the everglades?) I've worked on boards (layout) running at 10Ghz and
they still were doing 45 degree geometries. The boards running at 40Ghz
had more problems than just copper geometries.

Best of luck out there.

(No, I'm not from Florida :)