RE: [SI-LIST] : LVDS

From: Degerstrom, Michael J. ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 13:07:31 PDT

Suresh,

I'm not familiar with this differential probe. You can send
me the specs and I'll give you my opinion.

LVDS has only 4ma drive current and can easily be disturbed
with a "10X" probe. I still use 10X (~450 ohm series resistor)
but then use a DC block before sending the signal to a 50 ohm
scope. If the probe is a high impedance FET probe then
you would be limited by the bandwidth and possibly capacitive
reflections from the probe bouncing off the LVDS driver
and getting back into your probe and on toward your scope.

Mike

Mike Degerstrom Email: [email protected]
Mayo Clinic; 200 1st Street SW ; Rochester, MN 55905
Phone: (507) 538-5462 FAX: (507) 284-9171
WWW: http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/sppdg_home_page.html