[SI-LIST] : Question on transmission line simulation by HP ADS /Momentum

From: Nianci Wang ([email protected])
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 13:24:25 PDT

Hi,

I have a question on simulating finite metal thickness transmission line by
using HP ADS Line Calc and Momentum.

Basically I did simulation by using both line Calc and Momentum for several
different structures, I found that Momentum always give me a higher
characteristic impedance than that of Line Calc. The thicker the metal is, the
larger the difference between two simulation results. I did talk with HP ADS
help line and got the answer was that Momentum gave more accurate simulation
results. I wonder if any one did the simulation by each line Calc or Momentum
and compared the result with that of the measurement.

Thank you

Nianci