RE: [SI-LIST] : list archives, digest, newsgroup

From: Ingraham, Andrew ([email protected])
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 05:33:57 PDT

> Maybe not, but from the volume it's getting to be a good idea.
> (Yeah, I know -- spam. Nobody promised easy.) I have a
> mail system that makes automatic filtering into groups easy.
> At home. At work, SI-List traffic would drown out important
> stuff, and I doubt that I'm alone in that.
>
> Anyone interested in starting the ball?

Personally, I prefer Mail to News. For one, Mail is more permanent. For
another, Mail delivery seems to be a heck of a lot more reliable than
Newsgroup delivery. Third, can Newsgroups be made restricted access, so
spammers don't destroy it?

Also, I find that it's real easy to filter anything with "[SI-LIST]" in the
subject and throw it into my SI-LIST mail folder, so it doesn't drown out
everything else while I'm at work. OK, not everyone's mail system lets them
do that. Maybe you can convince your employer to give you a second mail
account to use just for high-volume, work-related-but-not-strictly-for-work
internet mail?

If it got to be really bad, I might subscribe to the DIGEST version, but I'm
not there yet.

Andy