[SI-LIST] : Equivalent ckt of coupling/via parasitics

From: Hassan Ali ([email protected])
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 15:12:17 PST

Below is a poor sketch of a differential pair routed around a via in one
layer of a PCB, call it Layer2. The via routes a single-ended signal from
Layer1 (above Layer2) to Layer3 (below Layer2). I need to compute the
crosstalk between the diff-pair and the single-ended signal. To do that, I
have to obtain the equivalent circuit that takes into account self
parasitics of the via and the coupling between the via and the diff-pair.
Does anybody know how this equivalent circuit should be? I'd also appreciate
it if someone can show me how to accurately compute all the parameters of
the equivalent circuit.

                                                single-ended signal (from
node 5 to node 6 thru the via)
           3 4 5 ____________