Re: [SI-LIST] : Jitter measurement

From: Paul Levin ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 15:36:46 PST

Dear Mikhail and anyone else interested,

The math behind phase modulation, as jitter is called in RF circles, is
about as clear as mud. Some of the references that have helped me
though the jungle include:

James A. Crawford, "Frequency Synthesizer Design Handbook,"
     Artech House, 1994.
Randall W. Rhea, "Oscillator Design & Computer Simulation,"
     McGraw-Hill, 1995.
Rhode, Whitaker and Bucher, "Communications Receivers,"
     McGraw-Hill, 1997.

Each has a chapter or a fair portion of a chapter on phase noise in
oscillators and/or phase-locked loops. I hope that these will help.

Paul Levin
Senior Principal Engineer
Logic Innovations