[SI-LIST] : May 8,9 Signal Integrity Fundamentals Public Course

From: Eric Bogatin ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 11:58:20 PST

Hi folks-

I've noticed a lot of traffic recently that relates to some
fundamental issues in signal integrity: how fast signals
propagate, calculating loop inductance and partial inductance,
how impedance relates to inductance and circuit performance, the
origin of the difference between near and far end cross talk, the
return current in a differential pair, etc.

I am teaching a public course on May 8 and 9 in Cupertino, CA,
that deals with these and many other fundamental topics in signal
integrity. It is a basics course, with demos of simulations and
measurements on various test boards that we designed to
illustrate some of these principles. For example, we'll have an
impedance analyzer in the class and look at how loop inductance
and mutual inductance scales with geometry. We'll also have a TDR
and demonstrate characteristic impedance of transmission lines,
near and far end cross talk, and what differential impedance
really means.

I invite all those who are confused about basic signal integrity
effects and want to establish a solid foundation in their
understanding to check out the class. It is GTL122 Fundamental
Principles of Signal Integrity, posted on our web site at
www.gigatest.com. Registration is on line as well.

I look forward to seeing you there.

--eric

Eric Bogatin