[SI-LIST] : driving into 50 Ohm impedence

From: SHRIPADARAJ AD ([email protected])
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 20:29:40 PST

Hi all SI expert,

This may be a silly question, but not for me.

I have a fibre channel transceiver operating at 1.2 Gbps data rate. It has differential o/p and o/p level specs are as below,

1800 mV(p-p) driving 50 Ohm to VDD-2.0v.

What does it mean ? I am novice to this field.

I have beeen given spice netlist of the o/p driver and asked to verify that driver meet about voltage level requirement. How should do that ?

Any pointers in this regard would be of great help to me

Thanks in advance

Shripad