Re: [SI-LIST] : Unexpected results using series terminating resistor

From: Scott McMorrow ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 09:00:46 PST

Jason,

Generally, many ibis models do not correctly account for termination
on an input line. If it is a single ended receiver, you can look at the
the I/V curve and look for a 50 ohm load line in the normal switching
region (outside of the clamp region.) If something approximating
a 50 ohm resistor curve is not there, then you can create it yourself
by adding the I/V curve of a 50 ohm resistor to the current receiver
I/V curve. This will correctly terminate the line and you will see the
correct results.

A series resistor will not make a difference, since it is in-line and
does not terminate to ground. As you correctly saw, it serves as
an attenuation element when placed at the end of a driven line.

regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow