Voice of the Sierra Amateur Radio Club
CLUB MEETING - SECOND MONDAY OF EACH MONTH AT KERR-MCGEE CENTER AT 1930
THE INDIAN WELLS VALLEY EMERGENCY NET MEETS
ON ALL OTHER MONDAYS AT 1930 ON 146.640(-) MHZ.
ALL AMATEURS ARE WELCOME
SIERRA AMATEUR CLUB PO BOX 1442 RIDGECREST, CA. 93556-1442
PUBLIC SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
- Sept. 9 Second Monday, Membership meeting. Ron Ogren, WA6PEV will speak on Earth-Moon-Earth (EME) communications.
- Oct. 21 Third Monday (Kerr-McGee Center closed for Columbus Day)
- Nov. 18 Third Monday (Kerr-McGee Center closed for Veterans Day)
- Dec. 9, Back to second Monday. Election of 1997 officers.
LICENSE CRAM CLASS AND VOLUNTEER EXAMINATION
- Sept. 21 Magnolia Days parade at Inyokern. Call Bob Rose, KC6YYT, 377-5440, to volunteer.
- Sept. 28 March of Dimes Walkathon. Call Greg Roush, WA7IRW, 446-4383, to volunteer.
- Sept. 29 Picnic in the Park. Ridgecrest to Kernville bicycle ride.
Call Elvy Hopkins, ND6Q, 384-3589, to volunteer.
- Oct. 20 7 th Annual Ridgecrest Desert Classic mountain bicycle race.
Call Elvy Hopkins, 384-3589, ND6Q to volunteer.
- 18, 19, 20 Oct. Lloyd Brubaker, WA6KZV will conduct another Amateur
Radio License Cram Class at the Red Cross Office. Call him to participate.
- 26 Oct. Volunteer License Exam Session at Kerr-McGee Center 9:00 am
- Trona Repeater WA6LYB, 146.97 ( 600 kHz). A PL of 123.0 Hz
has been added. It is still an open repeater.
- Thom Skeer's KD6IQJ machine has had it's frequency moved to
447.025 ( 5.0 MHz). The PL remains 123.0 Hz. and it is still
an open machine.
- The long awaited SARC Randsburg repeater is up and running on
145.34 (+ 600 kHz.) with a 100.0 Hz. PL required. It is a wide area,
- SARC Translator, 146.64 ( 600 kHz), has had a few problems
lately. Digital doctor, N6PR, thinks he has all the digital demons
exorcised. The standby NiCd battery is at ND6Q's receiving some much
needed TLC while the translator operates on a power supply.
If you have photographs of the Randsburg repeater installation
or Field Day at Shirley Peak, bring them to the September meeting
to share the fun.
SARC OFFICERS FOR 1997
The, as yet to be assembled, Nominating Committee will soon be seeking club officer
candidates. Please consider serving SARC as an officer or committee member.
Yaesu FT- 470, 2 mtr/440, dual band, handy-talky. $250, call Dave Rait, KG6LR, 375-6901.