2010 Minutes of the Lowell Amateur Radio Club, Inc

January
LARC meeting Notes

Meeting Called to order at: 10AM

Treasurys Report
Was read & Passed

Secretary Report
Was read and Passed

Technical Report
  • Finally able to add cards into the data base.
  • If you need to make a emergency call on auto dial push 911.
  • We think there is a jammer on the radio use your reverse button to try & find out where it is coming from.
Old Business
  • Letter was read that we recieved from FROM about  Christmas Giveaway.
  • Start sub sale today
  • 12 people came to  the  New Years Eve gathering.
New Business
  • Stu talked about Sunday net, things are going well.
  • Maybe have a both at 4H fair
  • Mentioned doing your Freeze your  butt off contest Feb.6
  • Mentioned the new sign it might cost us $200.00 for the sign.
  • Send the youth group a inventaion to come to a meeting.
Meeting adjurn at 10:55 a.m.
Next month discuss family rates.

Febuary
LARC meeting Notes
Meeting Called to order at:

Treasurys Report
was read and passed

Secretary Report
was read and passed

Technical Report
  • If you want a Auto Slot just ask  and you can be assigned one.
  • If you have any change in license let Frank know.
Old Business
  • Budget for Prizes for new hams dinner is $75.00
  • We made $187.45 on Sub Sale.
  • New Ham dinner Feb. 20. At 2:30, at Fire Mountain
New Business
  • We are being billed $250.00 for the sign outside the shack. Chuck is going to talk to FROM about the sign. 
  • Need to talk to Craig about lawn care for the season
  • Skywarn trainning is Feb. 25
  • We need more people to check into net on sunday
  • The new fee is $20.00 single, and $30.00 for family at the  same addresse.
Meeting adjurn at: 10:41a.m.
March
LARC meeting Notes

Meeting Called to order at:


Treasurys Report

Secretary Report

Technical Report

Old Business

New Business


Meeting adjurn at

11 April
LARC meeting Notes
Meeting Called to order at:  10:00 a.m

Secretary Report:
Read and Passed

Treasures report:
Read and Passed

Tech report
  • Frank worked on a interfernce issue reported by people in Indiana.
  • He also did a battery back up check
Old Business
  • 2 new hams at new hams dinner.
  • need to work on checking on ARRL  Insurance
  • Voted and approved the paying of the sign.
  • need to send out QSL cards out and remind peple to pay dues.
  • Weather station on the Interrnet
  • Need to get copys of VC form maid

New Business

  • Talked about making a test bench to put equipment on for testing
  • someone donated the stuff to take care of the weeds for the next 3 years.
  • Haroled passed his test last month.
  • Need to set up schedule for the lawn at the tower site. April 24, first clean up.
  • May meeting will be passed back to the 15 of May.

Closing of the meeting: 10:37


May
LARC meeting Notes

Meeting Called to order at:


Treasurys Report

Secretary Report

Technical Report

Old Business

New Business


Meeting adjurn at

June
LARC meeting Notes


Meeting Called to order at:
10:00a.m.

Treasurys Report

Read and Passed

Secretary Report

Read and Passed

Technical Report

  • 40-80-160 dye pole is know up
  • Us Mobile is giving the hardline, cabinet for the pager system to us. (Need to make shure we can leave it at the site.)

Old Business

  • Still need to get morelly taking care of. In July
  • 24 hour bike challenge June 19

New Business

  • Stu will no longer be doing a net on Sunday night. We will take a break for the summer and look at doing it again in the fall.
  • Courtland donated a 500hz filter.
  • Field day will be at the shack June 26-27, 2:00p.m. Sat. to 2:00p.m. Sunday.
  • Dave is letting us use the generator for field day.
  • We Have a new member

Meeting adjurn at 10:36a.m.

July
LARC meeting Notes


Meeting Called to order at:


Treasurys Report

Secretary Report

Technical Report

Old Business

New Business


Meeting adjurn at

August
LARC meeting Notes

Treasurys Report

Secretary Report

Technical Report

Old Business

New Business


Meeting adjurn at


September
LARC meeting Notes
Meeting Called to order at: 2:07p.m.

Introductions 

Treasurys Report
Was read and passed

Secretary Report
Was read and passed

Technical Report
  • Card Accesse hard drive need to be replaced. Someone has donated a new one.
Old Business
  • Morley is taking care of.
  • Cards are here and will be handed out soon.
New Business
  • Main transmitter site needs to get 1 more mowing  this year. September 25 mowing at 10:00a.m.
  • Thanks Jack for taking car of morley site. it may need 1 more time in the fall.
  • Recieved a call from Greg Haybarker someone left the donation door open.
  • October 9th National Weather Service is going to have open house.
  • Sign in on the log when you come into the shack.
  • Officer's for 2011 where Nominated and passed
    1. Bob R. will be Treasurer
    2. Jim M.  will be Secretary
    3. Courtland will be V.P.
    4. Chuck will be President
    5. Frank will be Tech.
    6. Jack will be Public Information Officer
Meeting adjurn at 2:34p.m. 




October
LARC meeting Notes

Treasurys Report

Read & Passed


Secretary Report

Read by Chuck Putney and Passed


Technical Report
  • We now have 10 new “entry” cards for the entrance door and shack door.  1 card has been given to Courtland to replace the 1 he gave up to Jim last month
  • Frank has been working on the IRLP link. Also possibly include the ARRL Audio News Link to play after the Sunday night net. 

Old Business
  • Jack: Clean up at the main site: Only 2 people were able to attend. Mowing is done. Some of the branches were trimmed.  Suggestion to have “clean-up” immediately after the Club Meeting when needed. 
  • Craig Haybacher (F.R.O.M.) Advised the locks have been changed.  No further issues.
  • D-Star  Jeff Nawrot can use our site for the D-Star radio. LARC is not responsible for the equipment. 
  • NWS Grant NWS has recived a grant to place the same type of HF and 2 meter radios in all of District 6 EOC.  Bob would like to have a demo on the D-Star system.  Mike also suggested voice & data information at the same time.  KD8ZGL has linking capability.  He owns a 900 MHz D-Star repeater, it is open to the public. Motion: Jack  Allow 440 MHz 1.2 GHz D-Star at site. Motion passed  
    • Chuck will set up demo.
    • Mike will talk with Dale Scholten about the antenna hardware and site.
New Business
  • Thursday night Open Radio Room Please do not block the main door open.  We will look into a intercom system (wired or wireless).  Ideas will be presented at the November meeting.  
    • Door card issuing policy
    • There will be a $5.00 refundable deposit with all cards issued.
    • There will be a 6 month waiting period before cards will be issued to new members.  Each member will complete 6 club events, and have Board approval before a card is issued.  
    • Motion: Dave Putney  2nd: Frank Enact the above procedure for issuing entry cards.
    • Motion passed Cards can be revoked for any action deemed inappropriate by the Board.  
    •  Fund Raising  The club needs around $300.00 above annual dues to cover our yearly expenses. Chuck will work on the Sub Sale. Other Suggestions: Courtland will look into GE matching funds.
    • Garage Sale in May Same weekend as Eastgate sale. Chuck will check with his park manager for the use of their property. Unsold items will be donated to F.R.O.M. 
    • Letter soliciting assistance with repeater funds from other local clubs.
    • NWS will be holding an Open House on Oct 9, 2010

      10:00 - 1600. 

    • October 16 Holland Hamfest.

    • October 23/24 QSM Contest

      On island with causeway at Murray Lake.

      N8M will be the special call for this contest. 

    • October 30/31 A.R.G.Y.L. will be using the Shack for a contesting event. 

    • We need to put a Information packet together for new members with Bylaws and Policies & Procedures.  Bob, Jim, & Jack will start working on it. 

    • May 19, 20, 21, 2011 Dayton Hamfest  GRARA has a block of rooms reserved.  If anyone is interested contact GRARA.

      Meeting adjurn at: 11:10 am


    November
    LARC meeting Notes

    Meeting Called to order at:
    10:03 by Chuck Putney


    Treasurys Report:
    Read and approved.

    Secretary Report:
    Read and approved.

    Technical Report:

    • D-Star antenna is up
        • D-Star 440 paging antenna for Transmit
        • No frequency for the 1.2Ghz yet
        • Icom 7000 D-Star package is needed to operate the site properly.
        • Emergency Service was discussed
        • Total package $2,500.00
    • Jim AA8JR discussed the 80 meter c/w/kit building on Thursday nights.
        • He also has the paperwork for the tower to be filed at the shack.
    • Jim has 2 utility carts for sale.  They were used for digging the hole for the tower project.  $50.00.
        • Jack will list them on Craigslist
    • W8LRC mail list is now on our own domain W8LRC.
        • Please thank Sam for the use of his domain

    Old Business:

    • Chuck has not had the opportunity to check into the sub sale yet.  He will have information in December.

    New Business:

    • FROM Christmas distribution will be Saturday 12/18/10  
        • We will need help for parking crew.
        • Anybody with FRS radios we can use them on this event
    • Suggestion to have someone or a group of people to handle the quartermaster duties of our supplies.
        • Jack, Jim, and George will head up the committee
    • November 20, 2010 is the ARRL Sweepstakes
        • Modes will be: Phone and CW
        • This event is OK for logging
    • Jim Covak from Cherry Valley Amature Radio Club will be putting up a new antenna.  He is asking for help. Date to-be-announced.
    • $ 200.00 is due to T&W Electronics for Portland & Morley tower rental.

    Meeting adjurn at: 10:55 by Chuck Putney.
    Minutes submitted by: Jim McFadden
    .
    December
    LARC meeting Notes

    Meeting Called to order at: 10:01
    By President Chuck Putney

    Treasurys Report:
    Read and approved.

    Secretary Report:
    Read and approved.

    Technical Report:
    • We now have internet on both computer in the Shack
    • 92nd street tower; Power supply was turned off.
                                     UHF Yagi moved a bit, will hold off any                   
                                     more on the UHF frequency until the
                                     computer ROM is changed.
    • Morley signal swapping, coming from a local broadcast   
      station.  Suggested to have a “Bunny Hunt” to locate it.
    • W8LRC corrected to 147.99

    Old Business:
    • FROM Christmas give away parking Sat 12/18/10. We need as
            many people as possible to help direct traffic.  People will be
            parking at the bowling alley and shuttled across to FROM.
    • FROM will be using our shack as the volunteer warming &
            registration room.
    • Cherry Creek School antenna project has been put on hold
            due to weather delays.

    New Business:
    • W8LRC Yard Sale will be held the first weekend in May.  We will
            set up on the lawn of the mobile park (or Club House if rain).
    • Chuck has been working on the sub sale.  He has been playing
            “phone tag” with the supplier.  More information in January.
    • Santa Net:
                         Christmas Eve starting about 22:00.  Follow Santa on
                         Google Earth/NORAD.
    • New Years Eve party at the Shack starting at 19:00.
    • Curt & Ron from Red Frog requested permission to rent the
            extra antenna on our tower.  Need to look into our contract with
            Citadel.  Chuck will contact John Allen.
    • Harbor Freight is selling 45 watt Solar panels very excellent
            price.
    • New Hams Dinner:
                         February 12, 2011 @ 14:00.
                         Fire Mountain restaurant on Alpine NW.
                         Jack (PIO) will advertise this event.
    • 2011 Dues are due at the January meeting.
    • FROM announced the building has been paid off.
    • 900 HAM Repeater 927.6875 with 350 watts of power.

    Meeting adjurn at: 10:51 by President Chuck Putney
    This concludes the Minutes for 2010, Have a Happy and Joyous 2011, & Good Luck in the Contests in 2011.