YOU'LL SLEEP MUCH BETTER TONIGHT KNOWING THESE THINGS:
- The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.
- The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
- A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
- A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
- Elvis had a twin brother named Garon, who died at birth, which is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron; in honor of his brother.
- Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
- More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- Shakespeare invented the word "assassination" and "bump."
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
- If you keep a Goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.
- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
- The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English language.
- The continents names all end with the same letter with which they start.
- TYPEWRITER, is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
- If the population of China walked past you in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
- The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
- Vatican City is the smallest country in the world, with a population of 1000 and a size 108.7 acres.
- Did you know you share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world.
- "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
- No president of the United States was an only child..
- Most lipstick contains fish scales!.
- Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands!.
- One ragweed plant can release as many as one billion grains of pollen!.
- The fist product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum!.
- No piece of dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!.
- A group of geese on the ground is a gaggle, a group of geese in the air is a skein!.
- Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people!.
- There are more than 10 million bricks in the Empire State Building!.
- If you counted 24 hours a day, it would take 31,688 years to reach one trillion!.
- Taphephobia is the fear of being buried alive!.
- A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth!.
- The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth!.
- Clinophobia is the fear of beds!.
- A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second!.
- Porcupines float in water!.
- Pinocchio is Italian for "pine head"!.
- The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches!.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable"!.
- The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds!.
- The sloth (a mammal) moves so slowly that green algae can grow undisturbed on it's fur!.
- Cat's urine glows under a black-light!.
- The world's termites outweigh the world's humans 10 to 1!.
- Windmills always turn counter-clockwise. Except for the windmills in Ireland!.
- A hedgehog's heart beats 300 times a minute on average!.
- Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand!.
- The placement of a donkey's eyes in its' heads enables it to see all four feet at all times!.
- Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks!.
- A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night!.
- Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stone!.
- A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside!.
- A quarter has 119 grooves on its edge, a dime has one less groove!.
- A hummingbird weighs less than a penny!.
- Until 1796, there was a state in the United States called Franklin. Today it's known as
- The Earth weighs around 6,588,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons!.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie!.
- The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year!.
- One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television!.
- The average American/Canadian will eat about 11.9 pounds of cereal per year!.
- It's against the law to burp, or sneeze in a certain church in Omaha, Nebraska!.
- you're born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an adult, you only have 206!.
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete!.
- 7% of Americans don't know the first 9 words of the American anthem, but know the first 7
of the Canadian anthem!.
- 5% of Canadians don't know the first 7 words of the Canadian anthem, but know the first 9
of the American anthem!.
- Over 1000 birds a year die from smashing into windows!.
- The state of Florida is bigger than England!.
- It was once against the law to have a pet dog in a city in Iceland!.
- Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day!.
- Thomas Edison, lightbulb inventor, was afraid of the dark!.
- During your lifetime, you'll eat about 60,000 pounds of food, that's the weight of about 6
- Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they cant find any food!.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open!.
- The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9000 years old!.
- In space, astronauts cannot cry, because there is no gravity, so the tears can't flow!.
- There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S, than real ones!.
- About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30!.
- More people use blue toothbrushes, than red ones!.
- A sneeze travels out your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.!.
- Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, every time you breathe!.
- In the White House, there are 13,092 knives, forks and spoons!.
- Slugs have 4 noses!.
- Recycling one glass jar, saves enough energy to watch T.V for 3 hours!.
- Lightning strikes about 6,000 times per minute on this planet!.
- Owls are one of the only birds who can see the color blue!.
- The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year!.
- It was once against the law to slam your car door in a city in Switzerland!.
- There wasn't a single pony in the Pony Express, just horses!.
- Honeybees have a type of hair on their eyes!.
- Eskimo ice cream is neither icy, or creamy!.
- A jellyfish is 95 percent water!.
- In Bangladesh, kids as young as 15 can be jailed for cheating on their finals!.
- The katydid bug hears through holes in its hind legs!.
- A company in Taiwan makes dinnerware out of wheat, so you can eat your plate!.
- More Monopoly money is printed in a year, than real money printed throughout the world!.
- The starfish is one of the only animals who can turn it's stomach inside-out!.
- The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump!.
- The penguin is the only bird who can swim, but not fly!.
- Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of the United
- One quarter of the bones in your body, are in your feet!.
- America once issued a 5-cent bill!.
- You'll eat about 35,000 cookies in a lifetime! Wow!.
- Here are some people with strange names (some of these have not been
Ure A. Pigg (Portland, Oregon)!
Ima Hogg (Houston, Texas)!
Ima June Bugg (Chicago, IL)!
Eura Fisch (Charlotte N.C)!
Ima Fisch (Charlotte N.C)!
menna pause (Indianapolis,indiana!
Serious Misconduct (Welwyn, England)!
General Error (Pueblo, Colorado)!
Dr. Safety First (Tulsa, Oklahoma)!
Pearl Harbor (Birmingham, Alabama)!
Honor Roll (Birmingham, Alabama)!
E. Pluribus Eubanks (San Francisco, CA)! .
- Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different!.
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, silver, and month!.
- Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep him cool! He changed it every 2
- Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, in 1918, by Charles Jung!.
- A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years! Wow!.
- A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue!.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!.
- Here are some interesting numbers to look at! (*1997)
166,875,000,000 pieces of mail are delivered each year in the U.S!
1,525,000,000 miles of telephone wire a strung across the U.S!
123,000,000 cars are being driven down the U.S's highways!
85,000,000 tons of paper are used each year in the U.S!
56,000,000 people go to Major League baseball each year!.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!.
- The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head!.
- In Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs!.
- There are over 58 million dogs in the U.S!.
- Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year!.
- Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!.
- You blink over 10,000,000 times a year!.
- Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms every day!.
- In England, in the 1880's, "Pants" was considered a dirty word!.
- Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!.
- The blesbok, a South African antelope, is almost the same color as grapejuice!.
- The average person laughs 13 times a day!.
- Dogs can hear sounds that you cant!.
- What occurs more often in December than any other month?
- Only 14% of Americans say they've done this with the opposite sex. What is it?
-- Skinny dipping.
- What separates "60 Minutes," on CBS, from every other TV show?
-- No theme song/music.
- Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?
-- Their birthplace. This is propinquity.
- Most boat owners name their boats. What is the most popular boat name requested?
- More women do this in the bathroom than men.
-- Wash their hands. Women ~ 80% Men ~ 55%
- What do 100% of all lottery winners do?
-- Gain weight.
- In a recent survey, Americans revealed that this was their favorite smell.
- If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"?
-- One thousand
- What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?
-- All invented by women.
- Married men revealed that they do this twice as often as single men.
-- Change their underwear.
- This stimulates 29 muscles and chemicals causing relaxation. Women seem to like it light and frequent, men like it more strenuous.
-- A kiss
- This is the only food that doesn't spoil.
- There are more collect calls on this day than any other day of the year.
-- Father's Day
- What trivia fact about Mel Blanc (voice of Bugs Bunny) is most ironic?
-- He was allergic to carrots.
- 40% of all people who come to a party in your home do this?
-- Snoop in your medicine cabinet.
- 3.9% of all women surveyed say they never do this.
-- Wear underwear.
- What common everyday occurrence is composed of 59% nitrogen, 21% hydrogen and 9% dioxide?
-- The result of passing "wind," shall we say...
- About 1/3 of all Americans say they do this while sitting?
-- Flush the toilet.
- What person, not a "Seinfeld" regular cast member, is featured on every episode of "Seinfeld"?
-- Superman, either by name or pictures on Jerry's refrigerator.
- 85% of the guys who die while having sex are doing this.
-- Cheating on their wives.
- Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
- Pearls melt in vinegar.
- It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs.
- Thirty-Five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating
are already married.
- The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: MARLBORO, COCA-COLA,
and BUDWEISER, in that order.
- It's possible to lead a cow upstairs. . .but not downstairs.
- Humans are the only primates that don't have pigment in the palms
of their hands.
- Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the
sale of vodka.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a
letter is uncopyrightable.
- Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange,
- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days
of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were
stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight
- The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American Pie." ( thus
the name of the Don McLean song)
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king
Spades - King David
Clubs - Alexander the Great
Hearts - Charlemagne
Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
- 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321.
- Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted
people without killing them used to burn their houses down - hence
the expression "To get fired."
- Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July
4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on
August 2, but the last signature wasn't added until 5 years later.
- Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes
them looks like its kissing the conveyor belt.
- An Ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
- The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
- The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for
the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.
- The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you
have ¤1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins
without being able to make change for a dollar.
- No NFL team which plays its home games in a domed stadium has
ever won a Superbowl.
- The only two days of the year in which there are no professional
sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and the day
after the Major League All-Star Game.
- The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" movie
was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
- If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne, it will keep
floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.
- Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.
- Actor Tommy Lee Jones and vice-president AL Gore were freshman
roommates at Harvard.
- The fingerprints of Koala Bears are virtually indistinguishable
from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a
- Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."
- James Doohan, who plays Lt. Commander Montgomery Scott ( Scotty)
on Star Trek, is missing the entire middle finger on his right hand
lost it on D-Day).
- The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every
five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as
airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
- A sick pig rarely curls it's tail.
- A woodpeckers tongue is long enough to wrap it around his head 2 times.
- Ants prefer not to walk through baby powder.
- Snakes can't blink.
- A Rat can tread water for 3 days.
- A Snail takes 33 hours to crawl 1 mile.
- The bigger the naval, the sweeter the orange.
- The dot over the lower case i is called a Tittle.
- In an average lifetime the human heart circulates 55 million gallons
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
- It is illegal in the state of Kentucky to marry your wife's
- If a frog's mouth is held open too long the frog will suffocate.
- Kokomo Indiana is the home of canned tomato juice.
- Peanuts are used in the manufacture of dynamite.
- In an average lifetime the average American receives 31 prank phone
- Most American car horns honk in the key of F.
- At the first Thanksgiving dinner Lobster was one of the main entrees.
- No word in the English Language rhymes with month.
- Worcestershire Sauce is basically an Anchovy Ketchup.
- A duck's quack does not echo.
- The ashes of an average cremated person weighs 9 lbs.
- The signs around HTML Tags are called Angle Braces.
- Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their necks.
- Oak trees do not have acorns until they are 50 years or older.
- Shirley Temple always had 56 curls in her hair.
- Corduroy comes from the French, meaning cloth of the king.
- The dial tone of a normal phone is in the key of F.
- Easter Sunday is always the first Sunday after the first full moon
after March 21.
- An office chair with wheels travels 8 miles a year.
- Howdy Doody has exactly 48 freckles on his face.
- Bubble Gum contains rubber.
- 33 million Hershey Kisses are made each day.
- Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
- An animal epidemic is called a epizootic.
- If you stretch a standard Slinky out flat it measures 87 feet long.
- Camel's milk does not curdle.
- A cat has 4 rows of whiskers.
- In Disney's Fantasia, the Sorcerer name is Yensid which is Disney
- Maine is the toothpick capital of the world.
- The space between the 2 front teeth is called a diastima.
- Alexander the Great was an epileptic.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- The geographical center of North America is Rugby North Dakota.
- Dirty Harry's badge # is 2211.
- The ball on top of a flagpole is called the truck.
- Giraffes have no vocal chords.
- The dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
- Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
- Professional ballerinas use about 12 pair of toe shoes per week.
- Race car is a palindrone.
- The two lines that connect your top lip to the bottom of your nose are
known as philtrums.
- Ralph Kramden made $62.00 a week.
E-mail Me At: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE TO GO TO MAIN PAGE