Hosted by HamUniverse.com!
Hello! My name is Jim McClanahan, amateur radio callsign W4JBM--and welcome to my virtual shack...
I've been interested in radio and electronics as long as I can remember. These pages contain information on various radio equipment I currently own or have previously owned. And in the tradition of the this great hobby, I also wanted to share some of what I've been taught and some of what I've had to figure out on my own over the years.
My Radio Pages
Personal Information Pages
Scanner Related Stuff
Reference Information Pages
Previously Owned Equipment Pages
- If you want to listen to the citizens band (CB), here's a handy list of CB Channel Frequencies.
- If you really want to sound cool, try spelling everything out with the standard phonetic alphabet. Sound like a "Romeo Echo Alpha Lima" radio geek.
- Impress your friends and co-workers, know your microwave band designators. All those Ku's and such will never be a mystery again.
- "Pink Noise? We don't need no pink noise 'round here..." Just what is pink noise anyway? Check out a short overview of noise.
I also have pages for some gear I no longer own but that might be of interest to others.
- The Conar Twins novice station I owned for a while.
- The ICOM R70 I had for a while including some troubleshooting information.
Copyright © 1999-2009 by Jim McClanahan All rights reserved.
All trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.