[SI-LIST] : HSTL Termination

From: Jinto N.Jose ([email protected])
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 06:25:18 PDT

Hello Everybody!
        One of the suggested termination for HSTL class-I is

                           ___ 0.75V

                            /
                            \ 50 ohms.
                      /
        |\ \ |\
        | \_____________|_| \
        | / | /
        |/ |/

        How is this usually realized ? Do any body use a +0.75 power supply for
this ?
What about the topology shown bellow - is it a valid termination for HSTL- I
signals

                           ___ 1.5V

                            /
                            \ 100 ohms.
                      /
        |\ \ |\
        | \_____________|_| \
        | / | | /
        |/ / |/
                            \
                            / 100 ohms
                            \

                           ---
                           ///

        In all HSTL specifications I have seen , I have found Ioh and Iol min
values and not the max values. What is the significance of this minimum
output current specification ?

Regards
Jinto