Re: [SI-LIST] : RMS Definition

From: Neeraj Pendse ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 12:40:39 PDT

Hi Doug,

The definition of RMS value of ANY given periodic signal is that DC
voltage, which when applied to a conductor, will generate the same
temperature as the given periodic signal applied to the same conductor
for the same amount of time. In essence, it is the DC voltage that
will deliver the same amount of power as the given signal when both
are applied to the same load.

- Neeraj.

National Semiconductor Corporation
http://www.national.com

On 5/29/01, 9:33:45 AM, Doug Brooks <[email protected]> wrote regarding
[SI-LIST] : RMS Definition: