Re: [SI-LIST] : Antenna Problem on the Board

From: Jason Leung ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 06:07:20 PDT

Hi all:
I kind of know why the radiation is higher with higher impedance and
lower with lower impedance.
The reason is you can picture the transmission line impedance as
Z=sqrt(L/C) , so if you decrease the thickness of the substrate between
the ground and trace ,the capacitance will also be increased and in turn
the impedance will decrease proportionally .Moreover, since the
thickness is smaller , the trace is more coupled to the
ground ,and that strong coupling effect can helps you to reduce the
radiation effects. The opposite is true for the higher impedance case.

So if ones wanted to reduce the crosstalk effect ,he can use lower
impedance transmission line .

Hope that will be helpful to you
Regards
Jason Leung