RE: [SI-LIST] : Antenna Problem on the Board

From: Ron Miller ([email protected])
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 09:49:21 PDT

The frequency content depends on the rise/fall time of the
signal. An FFT can generate the amplitude of these components from the time
domain voltage waveform(measured) and the impedance of the line, getting us
power, the fundamental unit.

The radiation for the different frequency components depends on the
radiation
resistance of the antenna/radiating line, which is in turn dependent on the
transmission line impedance compared to free space, and the return loss of
the reflections in the transmission line and how they are space. Depending
on the spacing different frequency components will radiate less or more.

Bottom line: This is not trivial to analyze, but with simulators it can
be done.

Ron Miller