Re: [SI-LIST] : Analytical formula of characteristci impedance for microstrip andstripline

From: Perry Qu ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 07:49:35 PDT

Hi! Brian:

I think what you have in region * really depends on the PCB manufacturing
process. If it is a core-prepeg structure, suppose that Dielectric II is
core, you should use the same prepeg material in Region * and Die I .

Also, assuming the reference conductor is on top or below the trace, the
material at region * won't affect your transmission line characteristics
much. Those material right above or beneath the trace is crutial. For
example, in FR4, during lamination process, you may end up with uneven
distribution of glass and resin, which affect dielectric constant
significantly.

Regards

Perry Qu