Re: [SI-LIST] : MECL System Design Handbook

From: David Instone ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 08:19:27 PDT

Just for info I actually have the second edition dated Dec 1972. It was
fig 7.17 then as well, but on page 138. On page 86 there is a photo of
a two sided board with traces that look about 0.05" and on page 98 the
artwork for a typical MECL III board with 5 (yes five) layers. (still
can't understand why modern pcb vendors don't like doing an odd number
of layers.)

I still refer to it, and Andrew is right, in those days people,
including myself, did lay out their own boards with sticky black tape.
Dave

Ken Cantrell wrote:

> That was during the westward migration in covered wagons wasn't it?

Regards

Dave Instone. Compliance Engineer Storage Systems Development, MP24/22 Xyratex, Langstone Rd., Havant, Hampshire, P09 1SA, UK. Tel: +44 (0)23-92-496862 (direct line) Fax: +44 (0)23-92-496014 http://www.xyratex.com Tel: +44 (0)23-92-496000