RE: [SI-LIST] : PCI TOPOLOGIES

From: Beal, Weston ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 08:41:35 PDT

At a place where I used to work, I saw quite a PCI buses designed with a
different topology. They used an expansion card riser that made the PCI bus
kind of a three point star with multiple components along each leg. This
was very messy and we had to do a lot of simulation to select some series
termination at the correct locations and values. So, it can be done, but be
careful. Simulate it extensively with correct models and be prepared for
some lab debugging (since your models won't be completely correct).

Regards,
Weston