RE: [SI-LIST] : Pi Termination

From: Moran, Brian P ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 13:29:10 PDT

Kevin,

Don't think I can be of too much help, but I know I used to see pi
terminators on PECL clocks on Sun Ultra motherboards during the mid
nineties. Basically it was equivalent to doing dual split resistor
termination, but with some degree of common mode. The term packs were
custom. Now that you mention it I'd kind of like to hear from someone who
can speak to the trade offs and whether this type of termination is in wider
use today.

Brian P. Moran
Signal Integrity Engineer
Intel Corporation