RE: [SI-LIST] : Power filtering?

From: Patel, Bhavesh ([email protected])
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 11:37:50 PDT

Hi! In my case the PLL power pins are somewhere in the middle for a BGA and
I cannot get a 20mil trace to the pin so using a plane but where I am
getting confused is that by using isolated plane approach I can take care of
the noise rejection but the filter components are connected to gnd so
wouldn't I pick up noise from there(gnd). I am not advocating cutting up the
gnd plane but I am trying to justify using this isolated plane approach for
a single PLL power pin.
Thanks for all the inputs so far, its a real help
Bhavesh