RE: [SI-LIST] : which layers should I use for routing my high spe ed traces

From: Moran, Brian P ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 12:29:07 PDT

Saeen,

Just as a side. Did I read your stack up correctly, that your building an 11
layer board. I assume your PECLPWR layer is actually two layers. If not
I'd check with your board vendor about non-symetrical stack ups. I'd be very
uncomfortable with that arrangment. As far as layer assignments, grounds
always make good return current planes, for either edge.

Brian P. Moran
Signal Integrity Engineer
Intel Corporation