RE: [SI-LIST] : Plane short

From: Michael Nudelman ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 08:09:51 PDT

Jason,

No, it is not.

It is pretty much the same as the "Squealer" or Short Finder by Wavetek. It
will just produse a beep when you encounter a short. But it will not variate
the tone to show how close to the real short you are.

I actually built a schematic that will do what I want and I consider to make
the device myself, but for that I'll have to buy a cheap logic probe,
cannibalize it, put a dual-wire probe into it, spend a day in the lab
building the schematic and ordering part (some op-amps, some 9V battery
holders, small speakers, resistors etc). And I did have that device in one
of the companies I worked for.

And it worked GREAT! Why, why did they stopped making it! Oh, woe to us, to
poor wretched engineers!

Mike.