RE: [SI-LIST] : Question on transmission line simulation by AGILE NT ADS /Momentum

From: ABOULHOUDA,SAMIR (A-England,ex1) ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 06:23:49 PDT

Hi,

To answer to Nianci question: LineCalc vs. Momentum? I would say, it
depends!
It depends on the frequency range, the dimensions and above all, on the
complexity of your circuit. First of all, we should be aware that sims in
Momentum are less accurate a low frequencies than sims at high frequencies.
At high frequency and for the long structures, where radiation effect can no
longer be neglected, Momentum is definitively more accurate and may be
recommended. To overcome the limitation at low frequencies, there is now
something called "Momentum RF Modes". With Momentum RF Mode, you can expect
sims solutions stable down to DC. Momentum RF mode is usually more efficient
mode when a circuit is electrically small, complex, and does not radiate...
and due to the difference of method used to mesh the structures, Momentum RF
Mode requires less CPU time and memory.

Rdg

Samir.