Re: [SI-LIST] : Source termination of transmission line

From: David Instone ([email protected])
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 05:05:49 PDT

Thanks for your time Andy,
  So what I think you are saying is that if the line twixt driver and
connector is any longer than a small fraction of the rise time then it
had better match either the connector or the driver. Otherwise I get a
reflection both from the connector to line interface and the line to
driver interface, and of course the subsequent re-reflections between
the two. Which is where I was coming from in the first place except
that I missed the fact I could also use a line that matched the
connector instead of matching the driver.

Dave.

--
Regards

Dave Instone. Compliance Engineer Storage Systems Development, MP24/22 Xyratex, Langstone Rd., Havant, Hampshire, P09 1SA, UK. Tel: +44 (0)23-92-496862 (direct line) Fax: +44 (0)23-92-496014 http://www.xyratex.com Tel: +44 (0)23-92-496000