RE: Fwd: Re: [SI-LIST] : Re: Methods to introduce noise in power planes

From: [email protected]
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 12:38:50 PDT

Farrokh,

After reading Mr. Anderson's first response about using a bias tee to
introduce noise into the power
planes, I built my own bias tee as I did not have one readily available to
me. I built it to inject
frequencies down to 3kHz using a 5uF(50VDC) capacitor and a 1000uH inductor.
It worked quite well.

                 L = 1000uH
    DC ____n_n_n_______ AC + DC

                        - C = 4.7uF ~= 5uF
                        -

                        AC

When checking to see if it worked I had to add a 10ohm(20 Watt) resistor
from "AC + DC" to ground.
Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Webb