Re: [SI-LIST] : CML

From: Henry Lee ([email protected])
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 09:36:31 PDT

current mode logic is fundamentally different than voltage mode logic
that
most are familiar with (such as TTL, CMOS, etc). ECL is a type of
current
mode logic and can be found in most texts. The nice feature of current
mode
logic is the ability to tailor the voltage swings (~ few hundred mV) of
the internal
logic to achieve fast internal switching. Then with an appropriate
output buffer,
the voltage swing can be optimized (increased) to drive whatever the
loads.
In otherwords, there can be greater flexibility in design compared to
voltage mode
logic.

> Si folks,
>
> can anybody tell me from where I can get more information about "CML"
>
> regards
> Andreas

Henry Lee Modern Telecom 408-954-7002