Re: [SI-LIST] : CML

From: D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 06:57:17 PDT

On Thursday 19 April 2001 04:40, Andreas Lenkisch wrote:
> Si folks,
>
> can anybody tell me from where I can get more information about "CML"

CML is different things to different observers. At base, it's
a current-switched differential open-pulldown signaling method.
The signal is terminated to (some) positive supply at both the
driver and receiver, generally with 50 ohms.

The big gotcha is the value of the positive supply. Obviously,
bipolar parts like to use ground, CMOS a few years ago liked to
use 3.3 volts, and today it's a moving target.

--
| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <[email protected]> ----------+