Re: [SI-LIST] : Cable Shielding: How do you connect the drains?

From: Farrokh Mottahedin ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 09:52:21 PDT

If terminated only at one end, your shield will provide no magnetic
shielding effect. You can hard wire both ends to the chassis providing
both racks are serviced by the same green wire ground. If both racks are
not serviced by the same green wire ground, you run serious safety risks
due to potential difference in different ground wires.