Re: [SI-LIST] : Jitter measurement

From: [email protected]
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 07:20:39 PST

That's true, Steve, the Amherst Systems S/W works well. I thought it might
serve the bulk of the SI List readers to do the checks with a spectrum
analyzer on the assumption that one is more widely and readily available than
the S/W. Also, the sidebands (if any exist) really stand out on a spectrum
analyzer display.

As a possible point of interest, a few years back I toured the USA and Europe
with Michael Williams, the President and founder of Amherst, in a series of
seminars sponsored by Hewlett-Packard. Mike does indeed know clock
distribution systems and has probably explored all possible techniques for
their evaluation.

Mike

Michael L. Conn
Owner/Principal Consultant
Mikon Consulting
(408)727-5697

        *** Serving Your Needs with Technical Excellence ***