Re: [SI-LIST] : Re: approximations for partial self inductance

From: Sainath Nimmagadda ([email protected])
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 11:51:03 PST

Dear all,

It is amazing how quickly we get tuned out of the issue. My original
question to Dr. Johnson, and of course to the list, was related to
Maxwell's equations and current through inductance. There was no
resistance, capacitance nor impedance. If we quickly throw the handy
impedance into the picture, we are smearing the picture rather than
making it sharp.

Also, we are realizing the importance of inductance as an individual
contributor (as opposed to an element of the impedance group) for
successful high-speed designs. So, it helps us all if we better
understand the mathematical/physical basis, as often provided by
Maxwell's equations, to appreciate current flow through inductance -
particularly in the context of Dr. Johnson's statement. I hope you
agree with me on this.

Regards,
Sainath