About The Club
The Palmetto Amateur Radio Club
The Palmetto Amateur Radio Club was founded in 1928 on theHorseshoe at the
University of South Carolina. Professor A. C. Carson, along with several faculty
members and students, who were interested in Ham Radio, started the Club. The
club has operated over the years except for a period of time during World War II
and a couple of other short periods. According to The State Newspaper of January
23, 1928, Professor Carson was again asked to connect his radio set to a loud
speaker in the University Infirmary as he had in 1927 so that the students
confined there might be entertained with the radio programs.
PURPOSE:The purpose of the Club is to promote the cause of Amateur Radio. The Club is
based in Columbia S.C. and is affiliated with the ARRL as a "nonprofit"
organization. The Club membership generally covers the Midlands of
Back to Home Page