|K-factor of an antenna|
- The K-factor (dB/m) is necessary to convert the antenna voltage in dBuV to fieldstrength in dBuV/m.
- The antenna voltage (dBuV) is measured with a spectrum analyzer or calibrated receiver connected to that antenna.
- The K-factor (dB/m) is added to this antenna voltage (dBuV) to get the field strength in dBuV/m.
- The gain is in dBi, the gain of a dipole is 2.14 dBi.
- In practice, the balun and other losses are set to 1 dB if they are not know exactly.
BACK TO CALCULATOR MENU