Galactic noise in
a dipole antenna
- Calculates the galactic noise from a dipole antenna to the input of a receiver.
- It is a very general formula that is an average from the total galactic noise.
- If the antenna has a higher gain (more directive), the noise is more or less the same, as the received noise is lower.
- I do not know if the formula is reliable. It is based on the ITU-R PI 372-7 document, I used it once for some estimations.
- Formula: Field strength in a 9 kHz bandwidth in a dipole: -7.46-3log(F(MHz))/log(10) dBuV/m.
BACK TO CALCULATOR MENU