Rolling your own...
- M0WYM - several antenna projects
- 6 meter antenna projects - Here you will find 2 simple antenna projects for 6 meter fun designed for easy and inexpensive construction.
- Antenna notes - Antenna notes for a dummy.
- Antenna Toolkit Book - interesting information on various antennas and related items and the theory behind them. PDF file.
- Electrically small antennas (ESAs) - Survey of amateur ESA requirements.
Electrically Short Half-Wave Dipole
by Martin E. Meserve. Design a shortened dipole and loading coils here.
- THE N4UJW ANTENNA PROJECTS DESIGN LAB - You can't work them if you can't hear them!
Design or build your antenna here!
- Super loop - G5RV vs Superloop 80
- Mystery Antenna - A multi-band wire antenna that performs exceptionally well even though it confounds antenna modeling software.
- Short 40 meter dipole - Linear loaded dipole for 7 MHz. PDF file.
- 50 MHz Moxon Rectangle - antenna to build for 6 meters.
- Copper vertical - VHF Low band 1/2 wave vertical to build.
- Square copper dipole - another 6 meter antenna to build
- WB5CXC - Building and Exploring EH Antennas. This is where you have instruction on building a 6 foot 80M antenna. We also have data on Moxon Antennas, Satellite Antennas, and other Amateur Radio Activities.
- WN5DXP -
Welcome to Cecil's Amateur Radio Home Page.
- VHF/UHF dual bander - a j-pole made out of TV twinlead, hang it anywhere. PDF article from QST. I made one of these a few years ago, it worked well!
- Vertical loop - An Easy to Install Vertical Loop
for 80-6 Meters.
- Loading coils - W8WWV - Building High Power, High Q, Loading Coils.
- Mobile HF antennas - Effective HF Mobile Antennas.
- Cobra HF antennas - Frank N4SPP's Ham Radio home-built shorty cobra folded dipole antenna.
- Multiband mobile HF antenna - build an Outbacker style antenna.
- Moxon antenna project - the goal of this website is to share the experiences of MOXON antenna builders everywhere.
- Loop antennas - Full-wave loops are very popular antennas. They are especially useful on 80 and 40 meters where they perform well at modest heights.
- Short antennas - Shortened Antennas for Portables.
- The double bazooka - Notes on Assembly of the Double Bazooka.
- The Hentenna -
The Hentenna was developed by Japanese 6 Meter Hams, JE1DEU / JH1FCZ/ JH1YST in the 1970's and can be designed and built for hf thru uhf and possibly beyond!
- Wire antennas - The terminated, tilted, folded dipole (T2FD) is a little known antenna that performs excellently.
- Cage dipole - The N3UJJ Multi Band Cage Dipole Antenna Project.
- Buddipole - Home of the homebrew "Buddipole" - A Portable Dipole Antenna Design.
- Small dipole antennas - A small loaded dipole fed via balanced open line so that tuning and and matching for frequency change can be controlled from within the radio shack.
- X3 antenna circut unbalanced - The article describes how the transmitted field strength can be increased two S points by unbalancing the antenna circuit and allowing current to flow in a longitudinal mode.
- 80 meter - center loaded vertical.
- 80 meter - shortened dipole project.
- W3DZZ antenna - multiband trap dipole.
- 80/40 vertical - +160M at a push..!!
- Hanging loop antenna - a 10/17 meter hanging loop antenna.
- Dipoles and inverted vees -
Design Your Own Dipoles And Inverted Vees.
- Magnetic loop antennas - Why is an Magnetic Loop antenna so special.
- Stake stick vertical - The St. Louis Vertical, widely known as the SLV, is a great all band vertical antenna for portable use. I was interested in something a bit more compact that was optimized for the higher bands.
- Transmit/Receive L antenna - The KK4TR/KN4LF ALL-BAND TRANSMIT/RECEIVE "L" ANTENNA
- WN5DXP - Cecil's Amateur Radio Home Page.
- 20 Meter Mini Yagi - build a 2 element, inexpensive yagi for 20 meters.
- Long wire antenna random wire - Technically to be a true "longwire" an antenna needs to be at least one wavelength long, but common use of the term by Hams is for any random wire length that is end fed.
- Building High Power, High Q, Loading Coils -This page describes the loading coil (inductor) that I built for my center-loaded 160 meter (1.83 MHz) vertical antenna.
- Coaxial Traps - for
the True Equivalent Circuit from QST. PDF file
- Space Efficient Dipole - for 40, 80 & 160 meters from QST, PDF file.
- Bootstrap coax traps - an analysis of an antenna trap where a coil is formed of a length of coax cable.
- Flower Pot "Hidden" Antenna - FLOWERPOT