PetitTrack is a satellite tracker for the Sharp Zaurus
SL-5x00 Linux PDAs. PetitTrack is based on the keplerian propagator
algorithm used in
1. Follow the procedures for installing an .ipk file on the Zaurus as
provided by Sharp in the Zaurus documentation.
2. Once PetitTrack is installed, download a fresh NASA Two Line
Elements (TLE) file from
3. Read the HELP file for instructions
on how to install the NASA TLE file on the Zaurus.
4. Start PetitTrack by clicking on the PetitTrack Icon.
Warning: Without the NASA TLE file PetitTrack will not start.
Release 1.2.0 - 20030625
- New feature: The Sky tab showing the sky positon for the sun, the
moon, rise and set times for the sun and the moon, and the position
for the selected satellite.
- New feature: Configurable uplink and downlink radio
frequencies for each object.
- New feature: The Ephemeris table now includes the maximun elevation for
the pass and the azimuth at maximum elevation.
- New Feature: Audible alarms for AOS and LOS times.
- Fixed few bugs with geostationary orbits.
- Fized an error in the link loss calculations.
- Improved AOS/LOS search algorithm.
- Several other enhancements and bug fixes.
Release 1.1.1 - 20020603
- New feature: Sun and Moon positions and Sun terminator are now
displayed on the world map in the Tracker tab.
- New feature: Astro tab to display the coordinates for the Sun and
- New feature: In addition to a full color map, a two color map is
- Fixed a bug that prevented PetitTrack from starting when the nasatle.txt
file was replaced with a new one with fewer objects.
- Fixed a bug in the month field in the Ephemeris tab.
- Fixed a bug that caused PetitTrack to hang if the AOS/LOS times
for an object could not be determined.
- Fixed a bug that caused object name truncation if the nasatle.txt
file contained the pair CRLF instead of only LF as line terminator.
- Added more verbosity to the error message when the nasatle.txt
file could not be found.
- Few UI changes and other minor improvements.
Copyright © 2003, Edson Pereira
Last modified on 20030625